Wednesday 2 June 2010

Summer Term

It is very definitely the Summer Season now. Liners are in the harbour, accents are Kiwi or Canadian and we have less time to devote to research, cataloguing and administration. We even have the windows open.

Topics being researched in the search room today include Stenness school, Westray family history, Victorian fashions, the masons who constructed St Magnus cathedral and whaling disputes in the Sheriff Court.

At the moment I have two tubs containing moths on my desk which were handed in to be identified by our BioDiversity officer. This does not freak me out in the slightest.

And the fact that I found a moth hole in my jumper this morning has not resulted in my staring coldly and bitterly at these two fascinating examples of Orcadian Natural History. (It was new, you monsters.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you delighted by what you have just read? Are you revulsed and appalled? Do let us know, we'd love to hear from you.