Tuesday 6 July 2010

This is Like Winter and I'm Discontent...

This is absurd! In the search room, my colleagues are practically hanging out of the windows to escape the heat and then recoiling in disgust when they see that men who-really-shouldn't have stripped off their tops.

Meanwhile, I am huddled next to an electric heater in the cataloguing strongroom because today is my 'cataloguing the Margaret Tait Collection day.' The strongrooms have to be kept at around 17 degrees centigrade, which sounds quite warm, but my goose bumps prove otherwise.

One colleague came down just to stick her head into my own personal Antarctica in order to cool off.

Grumph.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you delighted by what you have just read? Are you revulsed and appalled? Do let us know, we'd love to hear from you.